Friday, September 21, 2012

Our Elena Bear

Yesterday I received a much anticipated package in the mail from Molly Bears.  I have been anxiously waiting for our Elena Bear to arrive.  I carefully opened the box and found our Elena Bear inside.  I picked her up and cradled her, in a bit of awe over the weight.  Just shy of a pound, a substantial weight for such a small teddy bear, yet so light.  The same weight as Elena, and very similar in length as well.  She has a white bow on her head.  It actually reminds me a little of the white bonnet Elena wore in the hospital.  It felt nice to cradle the bear in my arms and to remember cradling my sweet Elena for that brief time.  How I miss holding her! 
 
I am so grateful to have a special bear from Molly Bears.  A small comfort to feel the same weight as my sweet daughter in my arms again, a reminder of her, it somehow seems a nice way to honor her memory.  I think it will also be another concrete way to help our son talk about his little sister and to teach our rainbow, when he arrives, about his big sister in heaven.  Thank you, Molly Bears, for this personal gift.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is so lovely. What a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I continue to be humbled by the generosity of those in the baby loss community. We are in good company, even if this is not where we want to be. Thinking of Georgina today!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bear!! Our Calypso bear is a great great comfort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so thankful for Molly Bears and glad that your Calypso Bear brings comfort to you!

      Delete
  3. What a sweet bear!! Our Calypso bear brings us lots of comfort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) We are blessed with others on this same journey that do things such as making Calypso & Elena bears to help comfort us. I'm glad yours is comforting to you too!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I appreciate you taking the time to write. I read all comments, and they mean so much to me!